Rev XP Fat Burner Review: Targeted 6-Pack Technology?
Rev XP boasts “targeted 6-pack” technology, and the strongest fat-loss support formula on the market. I don’t know about that, but there is a ton of caffeine in this product, enough to make the average person jitter his or her way happily (or not so happily depending on how sensitive you are to caffeine) through the day.
On the other hand, a full dose is delivered in a 3-capsule serving, so you can easily reduce the dosage in accordance with your sensitivity to stimulants.
NxCare’s Rev XP formula does contain some fat loss winners, and a couple of good combinations. So what’s in this product…
1. Green tea: a good, no-brainer addition to any fat burner, there’s some evidence that green tea offers some real, tangible benefits as a potent weight loss ingredient. A full review is available here! Take note that’s there’s a good dose of green tea in this product, providing the caffeine content of approximately 2.5 cups of coffee.
2. Caffeine: A well-known thermogenic with established, albeit relatively mild, weight loss benefits (see Am J Clin Nutr. 1989 Jan;49(1):44-50, Am J Clin Nutr. 1980 May;33(5):989-97). The combination of caffeine and green tea (as is present in this formula) has been shown to be even more beneficial for weight loss (see Obes Res. 2005 Jul;13(7):1195-204).
Caffeine is actually part of the patented 6-ingredient blend, but I’ve included it here with the main ingredients because the label indicates over 350 mg per serving — that’s equivalent to over 3 cups of coffee’s worth!
3. Cocoa bean extract: standardized for theobromine (a caffeine-related chemical). This ingredient has milder stimulating effects than caffeine. It’s effect on weight loss has not been effectively demonstrated at this time.
4. Yerba mate: commonly used as a diuretic and an energy enhancer, mate contains both caffeine and other xanthines also common to coffee. As such, this ingredient ramps up the caffeine content of this formula even more.
5. Dandelion root extract: included as a diuretic in this formula, helping to reduce excess water weight.
6. Patented 6-ingredient blend: includes an undisclosed amount of the following ingredients…
a. Clary Sage Extract: standardized for forskolin, a compound which may have a positive effect on the speed of the intercellular processes in the body. Most studies on the weight loss effectiveness of forskolin have been performed using coleus forskohli, and the results have not been earth-shattering.
For instance, this study (using 250 mg twice daily doses of 10% standardized forskolin) showed a modest weight loss effect. It’s highly doubtful Rev Xp contains enough clary sage to deliver results consistent with this study.
b. 4-Hydroxyisoleucine: derived from fenugreek, this ingredient may a positive effect on insulin function.
c. Ginseng: a common adaptogen
d. Amentoflavone: derived from ginko biloba, which contains several flavanoids, which tend to offer general health-benefits.
e. Piper nigrum: black pepper, usually included to improve the overall efficiency of the product formula.
f. Caffeine: See above.
This is a very potent, caffeine-rich formula. Anyone who has a caffeine sensitivity might be well advised to avoid Rev XP. Everyone else would be best suited to start with the smallest dose (1 capsule) possible to access your tolerance.
The strength of the formula lies in its green tea / caffeine power-punch, which is about as close as you can get to a “no-brainer” combination as you can get. Other ingredients, in comparison, provide minimal value and are unlikely to be present in doses strong enough to elicit much of an effect. Nonetheless
Please note: Although the combination of green tea and caffeine has been clinically shown to promote weight loss, unless you make significant changes to your diet and lifestyle, it is unlikely Rev XP will do anything for you. In other words…
This is a tool in the battle of the bulge, not a miracle solution.