A simple, tasty way to supplement with glucomannan at a clinically effective dosage. Demoted a single star because of the cost; you can experiement with glucomannan for much less.
In a hurry? Here’s the “Quick and Dirty” Low Down on this product (click each point for more details):
- This is a simple product that contains, glucomannan, a fiber supplement proven effective for weight loss.
- One clinical study shows participants lost weight without making changes to diet or exercise!
- Even glucomannan isn’t entirely free of side effects!
- Should you buy?
Share this post or join the discussion below!
What’s the deal with Mega T Weight Loss Chews?
Mega T Weight Loss Chews are a refreshingly simple product. They contain a single, solitary active ingredient.
Even better – as this review will point out – it’s a worthwhile one, included at a useful dosage.
Essentially, each chew contains 1 gram of glucomannan, a form of fiber dervied from konjac root.
We have a very thorough discussion on glucomannan here, should you be interested in checking more closely on the published clinical data that supports this supplement.
Suffice it to say, there’s data to suggest glucomannan does exactly what the folks at Mega-T says it does…
Control appetite and fight hunger (both the same thing, in my opinion).
Feel full. Eat less. Lose weight.
Of course, the same can be said about ANY fiber supplement.
Glucomannan helps, but it’s no miracle!
It’s important to note that while there is some clinical data showing that 1 gram of glucomannan taken 30 minutes before each meal with 8 oz of water (that is the dosage and recommendation for this product) can cause weight loss without any changes to diet or exercise…
… it ain’t anything miraculous.
We’re talking slightly less than 6 pounds in 8 weeks. If you’ve got 40 pounds to lose, that’s not going to help much. Still, every little bit helps, and it’s a start.
Glucomannan Side Effects and Choking Hazard
There are a couple of side effects associated with glucomannan consumption…
- For some people, glucomannan may pose a threat of esophageal obstruction, which is why it’s important to always take it with at least 8 oz. of water.
- Glucomannan may interfere with the absorption of certain nutrients. It’s probably a good idea to supplement with a decent multi-vitamin when using glucomannan long term, just to be on the safe side.
- These weight loss chews are sweetened with non-digestible sugar alcohols. Nothing dangerous about them, but they do give some people intestinal problems (i.e., diarrhea).
For the most part, however, this is a pretty safe supplement.
The Bottom Line on Mega-T Weight Loss Chews
Glucommannan’s benefits for dieters is well-established. The Mega-T Weight Loss Chews provide a simple, tasty and very convenient way to add it into your diet with a minimum of fuss or muss. If there is a downside to this product it’s the price.
We’re talking $12.99 a box (which will last you 10 days) if you buy them online from Walgreens.
As an alternative, you can buy 180 caps (a 30 day supply) of capsules at iHerb.com for less than $12.
If you’re adventurous, you can by the powder on its own *(to sprinkle on your food) for just under $12. For a two-and-half-month supply.
But the chews are definitely easier and tastier.