Review Of The Fat Loss 4 Idiots Diet
The Fat Loss for Idiots diet may not be completely foolproof, but due to its easy-to-follow online format, it is pretty straight forward.
It also presents a slightly different but entirely feasible approach to weight loss. While calorie and nutrient cycling is not the most common means of weight loss, it is one worth investigating.
Basically, the theory goes like this…
You keep adjusting your caloric and nutrient ratio so your body never has the chance to adjust its metabolic ratio to a set rate. It also prevents your metabolism from slowing down… one of the main problems any dieter faces. This isn’t a mainstream theory — but it’s not new either. Bodybuilders and other cutting edge athletes have been using strategies like this for years and there is some merit to it.
The Fat Loss 4 Idiots diet follows an 11-day cycle, followed by a 3-day “free” period (where you eat whatever you want). It’s completely online-based too, so it’s effortless to use right from your PC.
The “Idiots” diet is based on 10 rules…
- Manipulating food calories: meals tend to cycle between carb rich and protein rich meals throughout the course of the 11-day cycle.
- Eat 4 meals per day, each separated by 2.5 hours: Personally, I’d prefer this to be 6 meals per day, but 4 is a good first step towards the proper balancing of blood sugar levels.
- Prepare meals at home: obviously, taking pre-prepared meals to work makes it possible to stick to any diet plan.
- Rotation of meals: throughout the day, a specific rotation of carb and protein rich meals must be followed.
- Avoid excessive condiments: Keeping meals as simple as possible avoids additional, unnecessary calories.
- Stop eating at the right time: There are no caloric restrictions on this diet, but it is important that you do not turn this into a gastronomic extravaganza.
- Beverages: to maximize weight loss, the beverages you consume should contain no more than 10 calories per glass.
- Drink water: No surprise here — you should be drinking 8-10 10 ounce glasses of water each and every day to spur on further weight loss.
- Walking: 2 30-minute sessions of walking are recommended for each day on this program. If time is a concern, these can be replaced with a single 45-minute session.
- Avoid sweets: again, no major revelation here. You can’t lose weight munching out on all the sweet stuff.
Once you’ve got the rules under your belt, and reviewed the online book, it’s time to use the online generator. First, you’ll select the foods you’ll be eating for the 11-day cycle. The choices are actually pretty decent — no apple and celery only snacks here.
Food choices include chicken, tuna, hamburger, pastrami, cantaloupe, tuna, mixed nuts, mixed fruit, pasta, cottage cheese, cheese omelet, and more. Once you’ve done that, use the online diet generator to generate each of your 11-day meal plans with the click of a mouse.
Then it’s a simple matter of reviewing each day and following the drop-dead-easy instructions accompanying each meal. Preparing the meals is dead easy, too… there’s really not much to it.
Although the Fat Loss 4 Idiots diet does not claim to be a low carb diet, it certainly is… one some days (this will lead to weight loss on its own). Other days are high carb.
It’s also high in protein, which in itself can lead to weight loss, since protein has minimal effect on blood sugar levels and has been shown to raise post meal thermogenesis (Journal of American College of Nutrition, 21(1):55-61, 2002).
Also the cycling element of this diet should make this more than worthwhile pursuing. I like that the fact that the food choices are decent, and there’s no starving.
Plus, the online diet elements are all very well done, adding a nice professional element to everything.
Additionally, since this product is retailed through the online processor ClickBank, there’s no problem in obtaining a refund if you’re unhappy; ClickBank cheerfully provides refunds (no questions asked) for up to a 60-day period. Great news—that eliminates the risk from trying this diet!